Sunday, November 20, 2011

University of California - Film Degree

The first class I ever failed in college was this wacky physics/film class where we had to watch movies and state what was scientifically inaccurate in them. We watched "The Core" and worked on some confusing math equation in order to prove the entire film scientifically wrong. (Earth's rotation/Earth's mass)(magnetic fields/4.54676)(distance from Earth to Mars) < Hilary Swank's forehead.

Class was at 10am and once the professor flipped the lights and started the projector, I was out. Maybe I took this as a challenge, because soon after I declared my major: Film. Now that I'm out of school and working on sets, it's amazing how uneducated about this field I am.

What's your favorite film? uhh... Grandma's Boy. (They laugh because they think I'm being sarcastic)
You're so funny. Who's your favorite Director? The guy who did Grandma's Boy. (They laugh again, and I quickly change the topic to cover my lack of education)
So, you like cat videos?

My point is this. I want to be educated. I want to learn all the shit I missed because I was sleeping off a hangover from rage caging it on a school night. Oh, and Geography. I don't know where anything is, so I'd like to tackle that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment